Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Thoughts from a painting


Streams of Information Dreams of Devastation


We are not ready for the machines we have created.
We are still very much children screaming,
"it's not fair, he has more than me!"
or
"I was here first, so it's mine!"
We are
standing in the cradle
and we can reach the war room table.
DANGER
We are electing leaders who think this way:
me, mine, only us or U.S.
Let's build a wall!
The walls have already been built around our hearts and souls.
Fear has walled us up for thousands of years.
We are alone and afraid, walled up in our houses, 
our neighborhoods, towns, cities, villages, farms, 
businesses, churches, synagogues, mosques, temples
and sometimes standing in front of family members.

The machines we have created
are for a generation that has taken down the walls,
all the walls,
and understands fear is erased by living together,
communicating and sharing wealth and power,
 not hoarding it. 

I will stop here for now
and give some of myself away.
Yes I created the above image 
and as it formed it spoke to me of information,
streams of information.
We have massive amounts of information
bouncing all around the world.
It has the potential to save us or destroy us.
I see many using it to heal
and many using it to destroy.
Someday I would like to change the title of the piece,
but I, too, still have walls in my way.


 

Click image to enlarge



No comments:

Post a Comment