Tuesday, May 14, 2024

I have never seen this


The Place I Was Before
Digitally enhanced version 


I have never seen this

I mean, in reality, something that looks like this.

Well, maybe it is like a bunch of leaves crumpled under a bush.

I was not looking at the leaves as I drew.

I sloshed a bunch of paint on a canvas,

swirled it around and let it dry.

Then I drew into the shapes in the paint

and like the crumpled leaves it was just there.

Into some of the spaces I scrawled my emotional language,

the little lines and shapes

that are a graffiti of sorts that lets you know I was here, or there

and was trying to speak to a divine entity 

who may be able to interpret random scrawling.

I am calling this Abstract Art.

It is a practice, because I do it again and again

with the intent of getting somewhere.

The thought I keep coming to is: if I get to this somewhere some day,

will it still be abstract or will it all become clear?


jeffkimsey-carroll.com


No comments:

Post a Comment