Thursday, May 23, 2024

So Who Am I


 Directional Mistake


 I use to listen to my brain.
Then I found out my brain is not me.
My brain is a machine
running a program.
A program designed to keep me alive
while in use of this body.

So who am I?
I am the true self.
The silent, the stillness.
The light that always burns.
I was there before this life began
and will continue on once this body stops,
but I will no longer be an "I" then.
Knowledge, selfless, no need to be.
Reconnected with the awareness
or love that has always been there.

So as I continue my experience
with this "I" and this body
I need to learn to manage this brain.
To know when to listen to it
and when to disregard its direction.
Also when to silence it
and visit with my true self.


Please Note: the above words are me thinking out loud. I am not telling you the reader what to do or how to live your life. This is my perception of my life at this moment. I am only sharing for the sake of broader understanding for myself and anyone who might share the thought, or one like it. Thanks for reading




No comments:

Post a Comment