Friday, May 7, 2010

Picture Painting

Here's one of my mixed medium works. This was an attempt to paint with photos. I took four photos from my favorite meadow in Wisconsin and printed them out in a large format (the over all work is 20"). I then cut out of MDF (a wood substitute) the organic looking frame and painted it flat black. I then sliced up my photos and arranged them in to the frame. It is not easy to cut up big beautiful pictures, you need to have some kind of vision.

So much of the time when I am looking for a photo subject I am seeing pattern and texture. For example in this work you can see two panels with fine green and gold lines. That's tall grass just starting to turn gold. It was such a great looking texture with the late day sun shining on it, so I snapped a picture of it with out thought of how I'd use it. Thanks again to digital photography for setting us free and not having to worry about picture count.

As soon as I can find time and a vision (oh I have a few) I will do this again. This again gets back to my ideas of connectedness. I love to think in terms of things being woven together, it's like looking at the universe. It just feels right. Okay I'm spacing out. Grove on people!

Jeff Gone man!
Not sure which way it goes?
---------------------------------------------------
Check out this amazing street artist I came across on You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment