Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Begining

Ok, here goes! It is a New Year--time to start something new. Let’s see, first, my name is Jeffrey. You do not know me and I do not know you. Even if you think you know me you don’t. I mean you may know Jeffrey or a Jeffrey but you don’t really know me. I have been in existence as Jeffrey for a good number of years now. I know the role fairly well and have not yet tired of it. At this point in the role I’ve started to explore the relationships of individual moments to all the elements that go into creating a moment.


At this point in this first blog I should mention that if you do not understand what I am talking about that is okay, cause I do not know what I ‘m talking about either. You see this whole blog is going to be an exercise in process. In other words nothing will come from it. It’s all about me just streaming random thought on everything I think about, dream or feel. Why do this? Because this is what this Jeffery at this point in time has decided to do. Another warning is that I am a dyslexic and can’t spell well or use the language properly, so if you are responding to my blog to complain about my use of the English language I will probably not take the time to respond to your comments. Sorry.
Back to moments. If you have found my other website (http://www.jlcarroll.webs.com/) you know that I am looking to express as many moments as possible. This is the job of an artist. It’s what this Jeffrey has become in his life long evolution to date. There are always other things to become. I might get to those too, but for now I am focusing on the artist gig.
My exploration at this point is the moment. What goes into each moment that then defines it as one? Do moments have definable limits? How much can I draw from a single moment? What roll does space play in a moment? How many moments are needed to create a story? How many perspectives can there be in a single moment? If all this seems pointless or foolish then I am on the right track.
All right, this is just the starting place. Now I have another warning to any would be blog follower. This is all so an exercise in discipline. I will attempt to keep blogging but days, weeks, and even months may pass between entries. We will see.


The Dictionary defines a moment as “a very short space of time”, at least that’s the first of about 7 definitions.

We have this moment now
It is not forever
But will forever be
Held within the soul of light and sound
And carried upon a wave of memory

Lyric from a song I am working on.

That's all for now!

Jeffrey

see all my Photos at http://jlcarroll.webs.com/apps/photos/

No comments:

Post a Comment