Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look at it this way

"FallenI like to play with perception or is it perspective. I’m not sure, but these two words keep talking to me. I love to take images and duplicate them several times. I then like to change the color of these images so each one is different. I will also add different filters to distort or loose the original clarity of the image.

Why do I do this? It might be because I can.
"Painful color"
Having multiples of the same image and giving them different characteristics, for me, celebrates diversity. I once watched a handful of people walk into a newly created space where one wall had been painted an extremely vibrant color. As you would expect some hated it, some loved it, and some did not even respond to it until asked what they thought. This is why our world will always struggle to achieve harmony. We carry with us emotional cargo (it’s bigger than baggage) that effects our every perceptive moment.
I do not create the multiples in an attempt to make every one happy, but to simply remind myself to always look at everything and or moment from many different points of view.

"Clutch"

Just to make clear this is something I like to do. It is not a new idea.
If you go to the link below you can mess around with controls and change the colors of Andy Warhol’s famous image of “Marilyn”

http://www.webexhibits.org/colorart/marilyns.html


Jeff Jeff Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment