Thursday, June 17, 2010

My First Music Video

Every sky that looks down
On every child waking up
Knows the seasons hold secrets
that they long to give up
Oh Everything
belongs with me


Back on April 16th my post was the lyrics of a new song titled "Everything". It was not until May that I had a chance to record me performing it at the monthly coffeehouse I run. It was a one camera recording that just sat still while I sang. So needless to say the video was very boring by today's standards. With the magic of the computer I was able to zoom in and out on the single shot and added some of my photos to create bizarre motion effects.

Now for the idea behind the lyric. This is simply, okay not that simple, my attempt to stand before the vastness of the universe and all of existence as I am aware of it and claim that I am not a "lost soul swimming in a fish bowl" but that I am where I belong and that life as it is is the way it is to be for the moment. It is about accepting the confusion and that you can seek understanding but you do not need to understand everything. This song is the first song I've created with a new style of writing I have been practicing where I do not attempt to understand how all the parts (individual words, lines and /or verses) fit together. It is about learning to trust my subconscious mind as the writer. I could keep going on and on with all my thoughts on this but just listen to the song and take from it what you will. Embrace your confusion!



To see the lyrics to this song jump back to the April 16th archive. Note - the words at the end that are not on the lyric sheet are just whatever comes to me making each version of the song different each time. This was only the songs second time out so I hope as I have more chances to sing it I'll get a little more confident with it.
Jeff singing

No comments:

Post a Comment