Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Acts of Light

This image came to be, by me photographing bright lights at night. I talked about this in my post of February 1st, 2010. To achieve the look of this  image I applied a filter that reduces the amount of color levels. You are only seeing about eight colors. I then used the smear tool on the lines to create the flame effect.
As it is with everything I like to do, this is mostly play. I guess you could call it practicing a skill if you need to, but if you are constantly being surprised by the efforts you make, it just feels more like play.

In this bizarre image that also started as lights at night, I dropped out color and then put it back in by layering other photos over the black and white image. I find these images fascinating and some what disturbing at the same time. It's like an alien landscape.

 I like to put myself into my work. Here I turned one of these random light pictures to a monochromatic blue and then tattooed my self. The key here is play! Playing with any medium you have will allow you to discover directions you may not have been aware of.                   

Jeff acting random                          

                                         Click on picktures to see full size

No comments:

Post a Comment