Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nothing


Sometimes I shoot images to find nothing
or nowhere.
I am trying to catch a place
without a moment.
I like the emptiness,
places where it feels like
from my perspective anyway
nothing has ever happened,
or the moment is waiting
just out of sight
to occur.

I don't know why
I do this.
If I had that knowledge
I probably wouldn't bother
doing it.

The activity is exploration.
the images in this case are data
for me and me only
unless you find something in them
that speaks to you
you can take from it
what you will.
I am using the media
to achieve some understanding
of my perception of moments
and how they evolve
and run their course.

If I could make this clearer
I would.
For now I am just sharing with you
one of the things I do.
If I keep practicing this
one day
I might be able to make sense of it.
Until then
know I'm out there photographing nothing.
Someone's got to do it.
Or maybe not?

Don't wait for understanding to act, trust what you feel and do it!

Jeff for the moment

This website might be helpful, or maybe not. http://www.nothing.net/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment