Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Morning Walk Thought

My thoughts after an early morning walk, remembering early mornings in trees.


I am walking
It is early
The sun is at the tops of the trees
They are lit
Turning on
With every step I take
And corner I turn
The light expands
Downward

I know this place
As a boy
Up early on a Saturday
The branches well worn
Almost polished
That place knew me
The tree strong enough
The boy light enough
I could reach the canopy
And pulling back a branch
And the light would greet me

I am content on the ground now
Waiting in the cool shadow
Not always in a hurry
To get into the light
Into the day
The trees like the early start
The boy did too
The man will walk
Warming slowly
Waiting for the light
To make its way down



Now I need to give this a name.
Jeff on the ground

Okay, I did My Google search for "Light on tree tops" and found a musical artist or group called "Treetops". They are out of the United Kingdom. All the music sounds like it was made up in trees, or it at least sounds like what I hear when I'm in trees. Open your mind now and trip out now http://www.myspace.com/treetopsmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment