Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pulling on Pictures

I really like to take photos and pump up there color levels and then smear them up. You can do this with the computer. The computer is not about order and structure. It is about being able to make a mess of a photograph  and make it totally different evry time you do it. It's a picture wreckers paradise.
This first one was a very pretty flower.  The next one was a bunch of leaves in the grass, but I fixed that.


Below I mixed another flower picture with a  old photo of a woman. I then allowed my mind to look deep into the photo and write the first thing that came into my mind.


I just wrote words, I didn't use punctuation. Read it how ever you want. Not sure what it means, but I like where it's going.


I am Looking at you



Sometimes I am looking at you
but I feel like I am walking
through you
not past you
but within you
never reaching the other side
for your soul is so vast
it would take
more than a thousand life times
to cross it
I am looking at you
and I want to be there on that journey
within you
I do not know you
but my life is about wondering
through your soul
I gather pieces of stone and wood
I call them feelings
I carry them with me
and I talk to you
I saw you on the train
in 1981
we did not speak
but I was drawn into your soul then
I named you Madeline
others call you God
I am looking at you
through every stone and stick I gather
we will talk one day
when I reach the other side of your soul.
I'm good here for now.

---------------

Jeff looking

No comments:

Post a Comment