Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Fragments of Stories (revisited)


 Sometimes I feel we are each just a fragment of an enormous story

I move my chapter along and it bumps into yours

I add parts of your being to my being and then I move on

You may walk away with a few bits off a page of mine 

Our fragments may touch only for a brief moment

Or they may be tangled for days or years or even a lifetime

Our chapters are even twisted with people we never meet

An event shared by another about a happening they heard of

We are then moved to wonder about these distant actors

Why did they do that, were they hurt, are they okay, happy now?

I am confused, so many fragments affect my being

If I could just back up enough to see the whole story

So many fragments...

...I will think this some more, later.


jeffkimsey-carroll.com




No comments:

Post a Comment