Sunday, April 7, 2024

A Search...


When I first posted an image of this piece I called it "A Search For Place." My thinking was that the bright particle in the abstract photo at the center of the piece was representative of an entity searching for its place in the universe. At the time I thought that was what most persons were doing, seeking a place, a person or a situation that gave them that sense of place; that 'this is where I belong' feeling. Since then I have come to see it differently. The goal of the journey is not to find one place, but the search is within, to draw your true self out so that no matter where you are, there you are and that is the belonging. You then have the peace to belong anywhere and everywhere. So this piece has a second name, "A Search For Self."

No comments:

Post a Comment