Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun With Paint!

Okay, okay I'm having fun now. A week ago I watched the movie "Pollock". It's the story of Jackson Pollock that Ed Harris did back in 2000. A very well done film: sad story. Ed Harris must have done lots of prep work on this one because the scenes where he paints are amazing. One of the ideas I got from watching the film was that he worked by trusting his subconscious. It seemed like he would just put color on the canvas and then pull form from it. The relationship the artist had was with the process, at least that's what I was feeling while watching the movie. I need to read more about Pollock's thinking, I got a book around here somewhere.

 Most people are familiar with Pollock's dripped work where he put the canvas on the floor and let the paint fall onto the canvas. That was at the end of his carrier, but before that he had more brush contact work.

So watching Ed Harris do his painting I thought I'm going to try this, just start to put the paint on the canvas and find form as it shows it's self to me. So because I have this blog to share my process I now have to be vulnerable and share my first two subconscious works with you. So here they are!
Sorry, but I'm going to keep doing this so you're going to see more of my twisted mind. Enjoy enjoy!! It'll grow on you, no it will!


                                             No1.                         


                                           No.2     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is one of Pollocks paintings with brush, it's called "The Key"
 Here's the website for pollock's work
  http://www.jacksonpollock.com/  

Jeff with paint in his hair     

No comments:

Post a Comment