Monday, July 29, 2019

Back Again

It has been a while! Instagram has become way to easy, but I am back trying the blog again. Working with some leftover wood, I have cut out three layers of abstract to paint. Love cutting forms. 
I will probably keep the front green with black edge. The blue grey is just a primer coat. That layer will be a multi color. The back whitish layer will be tones of blue green and gray. we will see how it turns out. Looking through my Photographs to fill in the holes.

Starting to select colors for the second layer. You can also see how small images will peak through the holes.
As this piece comes together it should start to create its own story or lore. Sometimes the story is clear to me but I hesitate to share it because the viewer of art can sometimes find a different story than the one I find or intend as I create. This I find is the best part of abstract work.




Playing around with Photo images to place into the openings on the sculpture. Little fragments of stories of earlier creations with in the new creations. We are ourselves many stories with in an on going story.
Jeff   Back to Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment