Saturday, January 15, 2011

the individual again

I am back to viewing the individual as illusion
I walk around
doing the things I do
I place things
I remove this
I change the direction of my focus
I struggle with a physical malfunction
I achieve a new structure
the day moves forward
I think of one of you
then I think of another
You might be far away
but in this moment
when my thought is of you
you're here
the here I have
and I rehearse conversation
you interrupt
even though you're far away
we may argue
or engage in an activity
we never would
you are not here
yet you are all about me
and I about you
to get to just me
seems impossible
I keep taking your picture
is that still you
or am I looking at a distant part of me?
in the picture
you are moving something
lifting it and about to turn
I guess that after the picture was taken
you set that thing down
were you thinking of someone
when the picture was take
while you do what you do
do you think of me
or another
or do you get to just yourself?

-----------------------------------
Okay, What was that?
A Little bit about what I am doing- The writing above, or the mass of words above are "play" on the idea or thought fragment I have of "the individual as illusion". I came across (or pulled out of thought) the phrase a few posts back and I think I may revisit it from time to time, writing what ever comes into my head with out trying to edit it or make sense of it. Sometimes in the creative process I tend to try and think things through before I write. This usually yields very little product. I find it best to just let ideas flow with out trying to understand the end result or the conscious path. I really enjoy this process. More on this in the future.
Jeff rambling on

No comments:

Post a Comment